Friday, July 3, 2015

Ahhhh, the Great Outdoors!


So, as promised, I went down to the boardwalk today and did three miles.  Now, that does not really seem like all that much, but it was HOT!  AND, I was carrying five pound weights in each hand and pumping my arms as I walked so that I was doing some arm exercises as well.  I then came home and weeded the garden!  I count that as exercise as well.  And I went to Whole Foods to do my food shopping and then I came home and did a lot of my food prep for several meals because it saves me time during the week.  

Today I cooked these gorgeous golden beets.  And to make them even prettier, I cooked them in the same pan as some red beets (which I need for my vegan chocolate cake that I am bringing to my 4th of July party tomorrow), and the red bled into the golden beets and gave them a nice color on the edges.  See for yourself!

They are so pretty.  And so sweet.  These golden beets really are much sweeter than red beets.  Even with absolutely nothing on them... no salt... no dressing ... nothing... they are delicious.  So now I have a whole container of them to use this week in my meals.

And I also made some veggie burgers for the week, and for tomorrow since I am bringing my own burger (veggie) to the party.  I had one tonight on a whole grain bun with some of my cauliflower (potato) salad.  I know I keep saying this, but... honestly, eating whole plant based foods is really good.  

This was my dinner tonight.


But, I actually took the top part of the bun off and just ate the bottom because I realized that I do not really need all that bread, even if it is made of all good stuff. And that was my umpteenth glass of iced water today. I think I must have drank  about a gallon of water today.

So all in all... a GREAT day.  

Sun .... (check)
Exercise .... (check)
Healthy eating ... (check)
Productivity .... (check)

Now on to Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment