Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Its July!

In my opinion, summer doesn't really start until July 1st arrives.  And to celebrate everything that is good about summer, we use the July 4th holiday. Summer is great.  The only thing about summer that is NOT great is the oppressive heat.  But, hey, once I am skinny that shouldn't bother me as much! Yay!  Something to look forward to.  I love the fruits and vegetables of summer.  I love the long days.  I love the clear skies, with wisps of white clouds, bright sunlight, dappled shade patches, and the light breezes that come off the ocean.  I love the smell of salt water (I do live near the ocean).  I love summer thunderstorms.  And now I will add something new .... I love having a goal to reach.  I love working towards a goal and seeing small results on my way there.  

I know the title of this blog sets an overwhelming goal.  To be honest, I don't even like to think of losing 135 pounds.  That seems crazy and pie in the sky to me.  So I think about the small goals.  Ten pounds.  Can I lose ten more pounds?  Absolutely!  Can I do it in July of 2015?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But at the end of this month, even if I am only seven or eight pounds down, then that is still better than where I am right now.  So this month is about celebrating goals, working towards those goals, and moving forward. Because moving forward is always preferable to remaining stagnant, or even worse, going backwards.  And this applies to everything in life.  

And to help me celebrate July, I think I will try to do a lot of outdoor activities.  Instead of going to the gym all the time, I will sprinkle in long walks on the boardwalk. 

And remember, "wear sunscreen".  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment