Saturday, July 4, 2015

Fourth of July

I can't believe its almost midnight and I haven't posted yet.  In my defense, I was gone most of the day.  So I am going to keep this short and sweet.  My vegan chocolate almond cake, made with beets and avocado, was a HIT!  It was so good.  I highly recommend this cake.  This is what it looked like.


It was so chocolaty.  It was perfect.  I didn't tell anyone it was vegan or what was in it until AFTER they ate it.  And you know what?  They didn't even realize it was anything except a regular cake.  Another great thing is that the cake is so dense that you can eat a very small piece and be satisfied.  In fact, the recommended serving size is 1/12th of the cake, for about 423 calories per serving, but I found that you could easily cut this cake into 24 slices and be very happy with your slice at just over 200 calories.  There was left over cake, and I froze it!  In closing, I was VERY SATISFIED with this recipe and would absolutely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment