Sunday, July 5, 2015

Keep Busy to Eat Less

Yep.  'Tis true.  If you want to eat less, then make a list of things you want to accomplish in a day, wake up, and start plowing through the list.  You will almost never finish the list, but you will have eaten far less and accomplished a lot.

In keeping with this theory, I decided that today I was going to groom all three of my giant furry babies who are STILL blowing out their undercoats.  I trimmed all of their excess fur on their hindquarters (which I routinely do for the summer and which has the bonus of eliminating matted fur), I cut out any knots I found, and then I brushed them ... and brushed them.... and brushed them....

I think I could have brushed them all day and fur would still be coming out, but I stopped when they started to look like the beautiful babies I know them to be. 

Then came the fun stuff.  I took them outside one by one and hosed them down, lathered them up, scrubbed them from head to tail, and hosed them down again.  

I know have three clean, knot-free, trimmed dogs.  And they are all sleeping peacefully.

What does this have to do with my fitness and weight loss blog.  I have had very little to eat today!  And I was active!  

So, onto another topic.  Although I am trying very hard to cut out non-nutritional foods... I will admit that there are two things I am unable to give up.  Sweet-N-Low and Espresso. Nope. I just can't.  I figure that I can keep these two things as long as I am good in all other regards.  I have one cappuccino a day.  Ordinarily I go to Starbucks and order my Tall Capp with Soy milk.  But yesterday I found THIS....




Espresso with Almond Milk!  I am overcome with happiness.  I think I actually squealed in delight when I saw it (at Whole Foods, of course).  As you can see, its 80 calories for one cup of deliciousness.  Either heat it up or pour it over ice.  This will now go on my weekly shopping list.  It will most certainly save me money.  

And the moral of the story is .... If you absolutely can not give something up, then just find a way to make it work in your meal plan.  I refuse to deprive myself of everything I love.  

And tomorrow is Monday... sigh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment