Monday, July 6, 2015

I am getting there ... slowly...


I put on my suit pants this morning and lo and behold, they are getting to that point where they are ALMOST (but not quite) too big.  The legs are too baggy.  The waist is slipping down and actually making my pants too long.  Hmm... how can I solve this.  Yes... wear higher heels.  :-)  This is the point in my weight loss journey where I start to see the fruits of my labor, and its a GOOD feeling.

The problem?  I seem to be the only one noticing.  Weight Loss Problems #224:  I am so proud of how far I've come, yet I don't look much different to the outside world.  This goes hand in hand with that saying that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice differences, 8 weeks for your friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for others to notice.  I am now in the beginning of my third month.  Nine weeks to be exact.  My family has started to notice my weight loss (God bless them), but not one person outside of my family has yet to say those magical words to me ... "Have you lose weight?"  So, let's see if the saying is true.  By the end of this month, I should hear at least ONE person say that to me.  

Back to my clothes.  I have now lost one entire size.  I started wearing jeans one size smaller.  I put on a pair of shorts this weekend which were one size smaller.  My tee-shirts are getting longer... a CLEAR sign that I am losing weight.  Unfortunately, a lot of that is coming off my chest.  Which kind of sucks because that is the one area where I do not care about weight loss.  But, on the bright side, I dug out two bras from the back of my drawer that were smaller and they fit!  

I did mention that I am an expert dieter and that I have lost and gained weight a bazillion times, right?  So yeah, I have clothes in a multitude of sizes.  No problem there.  



I AM taking progress pictures.  I took one when I started which is absolutely AWFUL.  Its me with a pair of pants that won't even zip up and are skin tight in the legs.  Hell no I am not showing that picture to any of you yet ("yet" being the key word).  This past weekend, I took another picture in those same pants.  They zipped up!  And I got them buttoned too!  However, I would not dare sit down for fear they would burst at the seams.  I will keep taking pictures in these same pants, and then I will post a whole series of them to show my progress.  Eventually, I will switch to an even smaller pair (probably a pair of pants that won't even go past my knees right now). 

The point is that there are changes.  They are just so small right now.  

One.  Day.  At.  A.  Time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment