Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Good News, Bad News

Yes, I know.  I did not keep my promise.  I feel very badly about that.  I promised I would not miss a day of blogging and then I go and miss an entire week.  So I will incorporate my explanation into my blog of the day, which is that no matter how busy and stressful your life gets, get back on track when it calms back down (and it always calms down eventually).




My life took a HUGE turn for the worse last week when I became so busy at work that the ONLY thing I had time for was work.  And yes, it did suck.  And yes, I felt guilty about abandoning the things that were important to me:  exercising, blogging, and taking care of my family.  I felt like crap, but the work had to get done.  I was working 12-14 hours a day, every day, and even on the weekend.  I felt like I was neglecting everything!  I didn't go food shopping... so I didn't get to try new recipes .... and my family ran out of some food items they needed!  I was relegated to eating the same thing every damn day because it was the only thing I had to eat.  I was too tired at the end of the day to even stop into the supermarket on the way home.  I was stressed to the max, mentally exhausted, and simply praying to make it to the end of the week with all my work done.

Here's the problem.  The work had to get done.  There was no excuses for not getting it done.  I was expected to get it done and any sacrifice that I had to make along the way was what was expected of me.  So I did it. 

I didn't get to go to the gym... not even one day last week.  I was so tightly wound every single day that I know my body was a wreck.  Stress is just not good for you.  Period.  Among other things, its almost impossible to lose weight when you are a walking time bomb.  The one thing I am proud of is that I kept eating clean.  I ate MORE than I was supposed to of that food, but I ate clean gosh darn it!  I did not turn to chocolate, cookies, chips, meat... nothing.  And given my mental state last week, I say that is a HUGE win and I am giving myself a gold star.  Yes, I was drinking three cups of cappuccino each day.  But I drank them with coconut milk!  And yes, I did eat at 11 pm (sometimes because I didn't get home until 9 pm!), but I ate my homemade granola with almond milk!  

So, bad news.  I did not exercise for one week.  Good news.  I ate clean.  Bad news.  I ate more than I should have.  Good news.  I got all my work done.  Bad news.  I put my body through a lot of stress which in no way was good for it.  Good news.  I stepped on the scale this morning and I did not gain any weight.  Bad news.  I stepped on the scale this morning and I did not lose any weight.  Good news.... I will not let any of this deter me. I consider this to be a blip on the radar and not a fall from grace.

After all, this is life, right?  I mean, life is not always fairy dust and sunshine.  Life is tough.  Life throws challenges our way.  And it is our job to deal with them and move on to get back to where our happiness lies. 

If this is going to be a lifelong change, then I have to be flexible enough to understand that I won't always be perfect, but that is simply NOT an excuse to give up on changing.

More tomorrow... I promise.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment