Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day Dream .... or Reality?

I am almost 60 days into this.  Hopefully, one day I will no longer count the days, and it will just be my normal life.  Right now what keeps me going is my vision of me being perfectly fit and healthy.  That's my day dream. And I am hoping to make it a reality.

With that in mind, I woke up and was determined to have another "on track" day.  I started with my almond butter and banana breakfast shake.  Then I proceeded to take a long walk with one of my babies  (also known as the dogs).  I figured, hey, why not kill two birds with one stone.  I got my exercise in AND I tuckered out my energizer bunny dog. Then I went to Trader Joe's and did my shopping for the week.  Then I came home and did my cooking.  I like to make a few things each Saturday that I can freeze and pull out when I have no time to cook.  Plus, I love to cook and bake.  But I think I have mentioned that several times already.  So its very relaxing to me to watch the Food Network as I spend several hours in the kitchen concocting my various vegan delights. Today I made vegan brownies.  I had two and then had to freeze the rest before I ate them all.  So now I have a nice chocolaty dessert that I can pull out of the freezer when I need that extra little something.  I then made a HUGE pot of my Garden Veggie Pesto soup.  I also made a jar of blackberry chia seed jam.  And lastly, I made a Roasted Pepper and Corn soup.  I had no recipe for this.  I just kind of made it up as I went along and it came out pretty good.  But because I love my mom, I am cooking her something special tonight ... fillet mignon.  AND I bought her a french baguette from Panera because I know she loves it and will eat several pieces of it with dinner.  (Yep, I am still trying to get her to gain weight.)  Just because I am determined to be healthy doesn't mean my mom can't enjoy the foods she loves.  And I think that having food around me that I can not eat makes me stronger and is more realistic.  If I want to continue with this as a lifestyle, I will have to learn to be around people who actually eat things I cannot.  Simply avoiding all those other foods is not doing me any favors in the long run.  

I am rambling, for sure, but today is just a normal day with nothing much going on.  But these are the type of days that make up most of our lives, right?  And we have to learn to stay on course through normal days as well as crazy days.  

So now I think I will go through my closet and pull out something that is too small for me and super sexy and hang it on my door so I can look at it every day.  Just another motivational technique in my bag of tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment