Sunday, June 14, 2015

Parties ... Need I Say More

Today I went to a party.  Most people think being invited to a party is a good thing.  A nice thing.  A time to have fun, socialize, and kick back with friends and family.  

What do I think when I get invited to a party while dieting?  WHAT AM I GOING TO EAT?  HOW AM I GOING TO GET THROUGH HOURS OF SOCIALIZING AROUND THE WORST KINDS OF FOOD?  Yep... such is the life of a food junkie trying to ditch the monkey on her back.

Food can be an addiction.  It is for me.  I could spend hours on this topic, but I will stop myself, and instead speak to how I handle this problem.  Its quite simple really.  I eat before I go.  Yes, it sounds ridiculous.  Yes, you are going somewhere where the host/hostess is going to feed you and wants you to enjoy yourself, but instead of partaking, you eat before you go so you won't eat at the party.  I have used this trick for years.  Every time I diet in fact.  It works pretty well.  

What I ate today was ....


Chickpea salad over broccosprouts and slices of peach on top, in a whole wheat tortilla.  

Have you ever had chickpea salad?  NO??  OMG, you have no idea what you are missing.  Its chickpeas, mixed with vegan mayo, and stone ground mustard, salt and pepper... blend up in a food processor (leaving some chunks), and then mix in onions, celery and shredded carrots.  Try it.  You'll thank me for it.  :-)

So I ate that before I left.  Then I enjoyed myself at the party (eating nothing by the way).  I came home and made myself an almond butter banana almond milk shake.  NOW I am satisfied.  

I did not break my diet.  My work here is done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment