Thursday, June 25, 2015

Holy Lotta Topics Batman!



How many times have you lost a butt load of weight and stopped just shy of your target weight?  That has happened to me so many times that I can't even count that high.  I lost a lot of weight.  I look good.  Everyone compliments me.  I feel great.  My clothes fit great.  I look GOOD in my clothes.  I am anywhere from 20-40 pounds away from my goal .... and I stop.  Why do I do that?  I have no idea.  And then I gain all the weight back.  And then I start all over again.  I think that it happens because I am "dieting" and feeling deprived, and so once I start to look and feel good, I feel justified in going back to my old eating habits.  Whatever is inside of those people that hit their goal weight and then maintain that weight for years and years ... whatever that is ... I have never experienced it.  That is my missing link.  That is what I am striving to find.  I am hoping (and ok, maybe praying and maybe even wishing on falling stars and white unicorns) that I will experience that by making this switch to eating whole plant based foods.  I am NOT counting calories.  Sure, I have a general idea of how many calories per day I am consuming.  I mean, come on.  I am an experienced dieter.  It is ingrained in me to count calories on some level.  I really want to make this a lifestyle change.  And I think I have a shot at making this work because I am eating healthy and I am satisfied (mostly) with what I am eating.  I am not putting crap in my body.  Everything (or most everything) I eat has a nutritional purpose.  So maybe my body will finally realize that I am giving it what it needs and will not crave foods I should not be eating.  One can only hope.

That being said, we all need to feel a little sinful sometimes, right?  We all need to have that something sweet or decadent every once in a while, right?  Well, although desserts are no longer a part of my daily eating plan, I want to make room to have HEALTHY desserts every once in a while.  I think the perfect time to test one of these babies out will be at my Fourth of July BBQ.  This is what I am thinking of making ....


RAW BANANA PUDDING WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE.  (Here is the link to the recipe . http://www.forkandbeans.com/2014/07/22/raw-banana-pudding-salted-caramel/)  This is a completely VEGAN dessert.  One serving is 293 calories.  So its not something you should eat every day, but its definitely something worthy of a special occasion.

What can you eat every day?  I am glad you asked.  

CUCUMBER WRAPS!

Use a vegan wrap of your choice.  Instead of the cream cheese, use Tahini Sauce.  Then slice the cucumbers and lay them over the tahini sauce, roll up, and slice.  VOILA!  Easy and delicious.  

(link is http://www.lookchef.com/2014/09/cucumber-and-cream-cheese-sandwich-rolls.html

And before I forget, yes.  Yes, I am still going to the gym.  Yes, I am still sweating my butt off.  Yes, I am still hoping to hit my 20 pounds lost by the end of the month.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment