Monday, June 22, 2015

Its Monday Again!

Another Monday has rolled around, and I was wondering what I should post today.  I think I want today to be about finding ways to keep myself motivated.  

After a five minute break to scroll through Pinterest, I found this picture which just made me laugh my ass off.  I don't know why.  But I like it.



Forget about what it says under the picture.  Whether it takes five months or twelve months, I can get there if I just keep trying.  (Nor do I believe you can get there eating anything you want).  But I love the concept of tearing off a fat suit to find the skinny person inside.  I think we all have skinny people inside. (

So, to motivate myself, and to remind myself that I DO have a skinny person inside, I took out a photograph of me when I was thin (not too long ago).  I CAN look like that again.  I really can.  I just have to keep visually reminding myself of that.  

Ok, second way to motivate myself: Keep trying new things.  I get bored easily.  Sad to say, but true.  I I am going to attempt to do the exercises on this chart every single day (except for the day that is delineated as a rest day), in ADDITION to my normal gym routine FOR ONE MONTH.  It can't hurt, right?  It can only help.



See, the thing is, I thrive on challenges.  I love it when I actually accomplish something I didn't think I could.  That's how this whole thing started anyway!  I challenged myself to eat Whole Foods Plant Based for 22 days!  

Yet ANOTHER way to motivate myself is to reward myself.  So.... If I can do the above challenge for one month, then I will purchase something new for myself to wear.  Something I don't need, but that I really want.  Something that makes me feel great when I wear it.

Lastly, I want to leave you with a sweet indulgence to whip up when you absolutely NEED to have a chocolaty sweet dessert, but you do NOT want to go off your diet.

Two dates, pitted
1/8 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put all the ingredients in a food processor.  Either form it into a ball and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes, or just eat it immediately with a spoon.

Guaranteed to take your cravings away.  Total calories = 160. 


No comments:

Post a Comment