Friday, June 12, 2015

TGIF

As another week comes to an end, I am thankful for so many things.  I am thankful for those I love and for those who love me, and for the life I have been given.  I am also oh so thankful that I have made it through this first week of my exercise regimen relatively unscathed and that tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have to get up at 5 am!  

Today I figured I would write down a sample of what I eat during the day.  Here goes ....

Breakfast

1/2 cup homemade granola (made from oats, maple syrup, and some nuts baked in the oven)
1/2 almond milk
2 teaspoons dried blueberries

Lunch

Veggie burger (homemade from one of my numerous veggie burger recipes... today I have a red quinoa and chickpea burger, which recipe I am linking here, http://pureella.com/quinoa-chickpea-burgers-gluten-free-and-vegan/)
1 teaspoon tahini sauce (to put on my burger)
Assorted roasted and seasoned vegetables

Snack

1 Nutty No-Bake Coconut Bar (This is a new recipe I found and I LOVE these things... http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/6-homemade-vegan-energy-bars/slide/7.  But having one of these is clearly a treat.  Most days I have a pink grapefruit or a 1/4 cup cashews.)

Dinner

1 cup Garden Vegetable Pesto Soup (OMG... SO delicious ... here is the recipe I used to make it, but I left out the barley and the cheese ... http://www.copycatrecipeguide.com/How_to_Make_Panera_Garden_Vegetable_Soup)

I also drink a lot of ice water, ice water flavored with lemon or lime juice, unsweetened black iced tea, and flavored seltzers.  When I am feeling lethargic, I go to Starbucks and get a cappuccino with soy milk.  

Either tomorrow or Sunday I will weigh myself.  I will aim for tomorrow and hope I have that "skinny" feeling when I wake up.  LOL.  That strikes me as funny give the irrefutable fact that I have not been "skinny" since I was a child. 

Oh, one more thing, I am going to start a Pinterest Page relating to this blog where I will be posting recipes I have found, motivational pictures, and other fitness / weight loss related things.  If you have a pinterest page, let me know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment