Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finding My Stride

Happy Thursday.  All in all I had a good day yesterday.  My muscles started to heal.  I ate well.  I went home and made a Garden Vegetable Pesto soup, which is an imitation of the one served at Panera's (minus the pasta and cheese).  It came out delicious!  And I brought a bowl to work today for lunch, along with a quinoa burger and some tahini sauce.  Go go plant based diet!  I know this is working for me, even though sometimes the scale doesn't show it.  I feel good.  And now that I started exercising, I feel even better.

It has been hard dragging my lazy butt out of bed at 5 am, but this morning I realized how much I like being up before most of the world.  The quiet of the early mornings is very relaxing.  

Speaking of the scale... I think I will do another weigh in this weekend.  I don't have set days for doing them because some days I wake up "feeling" lighter than others.  I am sure most of you can relate to that.  But I haven't weighed in in just over a week, so I am due. Its just that sometimes its better for morale not to weigh in because when I am eating well and exercising, and I feel good about myself, I start believing that I am losing weight, which motivates me to do even better.  And then, if I step on the scale and it doesn't move, well.... then I get depressed.  I know, I know... its about more than just the number on the scale.  But let's face it, the number on the scale IS important.

So, here is to another wonderful day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment