Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday, Monday ... and the Excuses Come Rolling In

I am a bit ashamed to post that this morning, instead of going to the gym to workout, I slept in for an extra hour.  Now, I have an excuse for this.  I got a TERRIBLE night's sleep.  But, it is still an excuse.  And now I have the guilty sallies.  So, I will go outside in the rain today during my lunch hour and walk.  And then when I get home tonight, after dinner, I will walk again.  

The topic of "excuses" that people have to not exercise is a popular one.  And there are hundreds, if not thousands, of discussions by the exercising community as to why there is no excuse that is good enough to keep one from exercising.  While I see the prevailing logic in that line of thinking, it is still hard to not make excuses.  

So, with that in mind, I will now beat myself over the head with anti-excuse propaganda.







OUCH.  I have been duly chastised.  

I can be lazy, or I can be healthy.  My choice.  

So my iphone is charged up.  My audiobook is ready to go.  My sneakers are next to my desk.  And off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment