Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Eating Out on a Plant Based Diet

Every work day I pack my breakfast and lunch in a cooler so that I know I will have the appropriate healthy foods to eat for the day.  Usually, I prepare my lunch the night before as I have found that eating Plant Based requires quite a bit of food preparation, and as we all know, I have precious little time in the mornings. 

Today was no different.  I packed my breakfast.  I packed my lunch.  I packed my water bottle filled with iced water and lime juice.  I packed my iced black tea (unsweetened, of course).  However, my day kind of got derailed and I found myself out of the office with a client for almost the entire day.  In fact, when lunchtime rolled around, my client insisted that we go out to lunch at a Mexican food place!!  I certainly could not bring my pre-packed plant based lunch into the Mexican food place.  But, lo and behold, they had a create your own salad option.  I was able to eat a nice salad, filled with veggies, and even chickpeas and walnuts, and a mustard vinaigrette.  It was delicious and filling.  I was so proud of myself for making a healthy choice (despite the fact that I LOVE Mexican food), and I was happy that it wasn't difficult and that I was satisfied.  

So mission accomplished!  On track for the day!  No regrets. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment