Sunday, June 7, 2015

I Love Quiet Sunny Summer Days

I love having a day that belongs to me and is completely free of noise and clutter.  A quiet day that I can use to relax, reflect and plan for the week.  Today is one of those days.  I always make sure to be thankful when these days come around.  

So I will be going back to the gym tomorrow.  Honestly, I am really afraid of failing in this commitment to get up early every day and work out.  I am NOT a morning person.  I am the furthest thing from a morning person.  But... I thought about this and the morning is really the best time to do it.  I work long days.  I have to leave for work at 8 am, and I don't get home until 7:30-8:00 pm.  So I really don't want to stop at the gym after work.  And I can't workout during my lunch hour because a) there is no gym by my office, b) sometimes I don't get a lunch hour, and c) my work clothes are not conducive to even walking around in the midday sun.  So... before work is really my only option.  I am mentally preparing to get up 1.5 hours early and do this.  I want to take a 45 minute class four times this week.  (I am giving myself Friday off!)  So I am chanting in my head, YOU CAN DO THIS... YOU CAN DO THIS.  Let's see if I follow through.

Mental note:  Must prepare and pack lunch for tomorrow, AND tomorrow's breakfast, before going to bed.  Must put work clothes in the car tonight, along with a gym bag.

Onto more pleasant subjects... the great meals I am eating on this plant based diet!  I will share some of them with you each week.  Last night I had one cup of brown rice pasta covered with roasted vegetables, which included eggplant, asparagus, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms.  I added some fresh basil, salt and pepper.  DELICIOUS!!  It was VERY VERY FILLING, and I couldn't even finish all of it.



And here is a short cut I used to prepare all of these delicious roasted veggies... I bought some of them pre-roasted and frozen from the market.  I use Trader Joe's.  I love that store.  But not everyone has a Trader Joe's by them.  If you can find your veggies pre-roasted and frozen, then buy some bags and put them in the freezer!  But I still roasted the onions and tomatoes myself.  Anyway, you will not be disappointed with this meal.  It is very satisfying.

And no, that is not sweet tea you see. That is unsweetened black iced tea.  haha  ... thought you could catch me cheating!  

No, its all good.  Keep me honest.  That is why I am writing all this down.  

In closing, have a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment