Monday, June 8, 2015

Exercise: The Ultimate Reality Check

I have no words.  

Ok, I DO have words.  I got up at 5 am and trudged my big butt over to the gym to do a 6 am 45 minute BURN class.  The instructor and the other 6 am lunatics (yes, I said it) were all very nice to me.  Clearly, I was in over my head because they were treating me like a little child and talking to me in those tones you use with small children.  Not that I am complaining, mind you... I needed to be babied a bit.

So I start.  Twenty minutes into it I realize I am going to be sick.  I excuse myself from the class, run into the ladies', and puke.  As I am sitting on the locker room bench, I tell myself that it can only get better, and not to give up.  I go back to the BURN class and continue.  The instructor seemed surprised to see me back, and was giving me lots of positive reinforcement.  Thank goodness there are good and kind people in this world. 

The point of this story is that I did it.  It was awful and I didn't think I was going to make it through, but I did.  At the end of the class the instructor came over to me and said, "I hope to see you here on Wednesday.  It will get easier."  And you know what, she WILL see me on Wednesday!  

Today's breakfast ....



This was homemade granola.  Why homemade?  Less sugar.  I just used oats, a tiny bit of maple sugar, and a small amount of nuts.  I mixed it together and baked it in the oven.  So 1/2 cup homemade granola, 1/2 almond milk, and a few blueberries.  I like to let the granola absorb all the milk before I eat it.  

Enough about me.  How is YOUR day going?  

No comments:

Post a Comment