Friday, June 19, 2015

Eating Clean on the Road

This weekend I am going away.  Biggest challenge?  You guessed it.  Eating Clean.  I have decided that my "one cheat meal per month" will be used tomorrow night at dinner.  (In case you are wondering, my last cheat meal was on Memorial Day during which I did have two alcoholic beverages and some appetizers I was not supposed to have since they contained chicken).  Back to this weekend... I will still need to plan out my other meals, and since we (my sister and I) are staying at a hotel, I highly doubt Whole Food Plant Based meals will be aplenty.  So, I have decided to pack a cooler with some staples (ie. Chickpea salad, cauliflower potato salad, strawberries, walnuts, figs, roasted vegetables, vegan dressing and some breakfast cookies!).  I know I can buy containers of mixed greens just about anywhere, so I can put my stuff over that and have a meal.  "What are Breakfast Cookies?", you may ask.  I am glad you asked that!  











Link to the recipe ...  https://diaryofamadcrafter.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/vegan-breakfast-cookies-a-recipe/ .

I am going to whip up a batch tonight.  It seems to be easier than taking granola and almond milk, or oatmeal.  AND, BONUS, I get to try a new recipe!

What?  Oh, you don't know what Cauliflower Potato Salad is either?  Well, you are really missing out!  



Link to the recipe ... http://www.nelliebellie.com/cauliflower-potato-salad-recipe/#_a5y_p=3591232 .

I used a vegan mayonaisse.  It was almost as good as, if not AS good as, regular potato salad!

So, that is my plan.  Wish me luck!  And I wish you success on all your ventures as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment