Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Thankfully, I did not experience the ugly, but yesterday I did experience the bad.  After only two days of getting up at 5 am to be at the gym at 6 am, and after jumping into an exercise routine (during which I learned that I am REALLY out of shape), and being sore from head to toe, I experienced EXTREME FATIGUE yesterday which translated into extreme hunger and irritability.

I knew I was hungry because I was so tired and because my body was trying to heal the muscles I started using.  But that did not make me feel any less hungry.  Although I stayed on my plant based diet, I did eat MORE of those foods than I should have.  So although I do not consider that "cheating", I do consider that "straying from the path".  

How did I handle it?  Immediately after dinner, at which I ate 3/4 of my vegan pizza (see below) instead of only half (the recommended serving), I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and climbed into bed to get a LONG and well deserved night's sleep.  

I had already planned on today being a "rest" day from exercise.  I think this is a wise course of action since my legs are screaming "what the heck did you do???!!!).  Tomorrow, however, it is back to the grind.  Although... I had been planning to do another cycling class but I think that will have to be postponed in that my butt is still so sore I can't imagine getting back on that bike seat.

So, I did not maintain portion control yesterday.  That day is gone.  Today is a new day.  I can NOT get waylaid.  This is a journey.  And I am holding myself accountable by writing it all down in this blog.  

So... my favorite plant based meal.... PIZZA!!  Ok, so its not real pizza.  If you think of it like real pizza, you will be disappointed.  Just enjoy it for what it is and it will quickly become your favorite meal too.



I had to make the picture xlarge so you could enjoy the full deliciousness of this.  ROFL. Its vegan pizza dough (which you can either make or purchase in a store), which I cook for for 12 minutes in the oven.  Then I put Tahini Sauce over the dough.  Its creamy and delicious and really adds a nice flavor.  Then I top it off with sauteed heirloom tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil.  Its so good.  I could eat it every day.  ....   But I don't.  :(






No comments:

Post a Comment